Toothpastes are one of the few products a person stays with for a lifetime. If she used it when he first began brushing her teeth, she is likely still using it. If she has kids of her own, she is teaching them to brush their teeth with her favorite brand. So, take with a grain of salt this list of 7 most popular toothpaste brands, for their popularity may be due to habit, more than anything.
If you ask any dentist what are the most trusted toothpaste brands, your likely to hear that, if it contains fluoride and is FDA-approved, it will be effective. Then they’ll remind you that proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing are the keys to lasting dental health.
But, most parents are looking for the most trusted toothpaste brands for their kids, who may not be able to perform the proper brushing, much less any flossing technique yet. They feel that have to rely on toothpaste brands that offer the best protection for the teeth of their children.
Which Toothpaste is Best for Your Family?
Toothpaste has come a long way over the years, and today you can find toothpaste that will do much more than just fight cavities. The varieties of toothpaste are many, as are the brand names of toothpaste. There are brands that are natural, and there are brands that are not. The following list will acquaint you with some of the toothpaste brands that have been sold over the years.
Some of the 7 most popular toothpaste brands are:
- Colgate: This toothpaste brand that has been around for many years and is still popular with consumers and most recommended by dentists worldwide.
- Crest: This is another brand that offers a wide assortment of purpose, such as whitening toothpaste, toothpaste that offers tartar build-up protection and toothpaste specifically flavored for the children.
- Sensodyne: This toothpaste brand is popular and trusted by people with sensitive teeth. Sensodyne is designed to lessen the pain associated with tooth sensitivity.
- Arm & Hammer: Arm & Hammer is a brand of a natural toothpaste as it uses baking soda which is a natural ingredient used to whiten teeth. This company also makes whitening toothpastes and toothpaste that makes teeth stronger.
- Close-Up: This brand is known for including mouthwash ingredients; designed to prevent cavities, whiten teeth and make breath fresh.
- Aim: This toothpaste brand offers gel toothpaste that controls tartar formation.
- Pepsodent: This is a toothpaste brand that offers to eliminate plaque buildup, whiten teeth, and strengthen tooth enamel.
For most kids, taste will be the major deciding factor for how often they brush their teeth, and that’s OK. As long as you can get them to brush regularly, any of these toothpaste brands should work just fine for your entire family.
The doctors and staff at The Colorado Center for Implant and Prosthetic Dentistry are available to help you determine effective solutions to all of your dental problems. If you would like more information from your Littleton area Prosthodontist, please call to make an appointment today.