When creating a healthy and beautiful smile, you deserve the experience and qualification that assure good results. Our focus is not just on aesthetic beauty alone but on excellent structural quality work to you, OUR PATIENT. We specialize and excel at whitening, bonding, cosmetic contouring, veneers, and crowns.
With our advancements in dentistry, you no longer have to settle for stained, chipped, or oddly shaped teeth. Even the most subtle change in your smile can make a dramatic difference in the way you look and feel about yourself.
Our office offers at-home tooth whitening!
At-home tooth whitening is the process where impressions of the mouth are taken, creating a plaster replica of your mouth. From your model, a custom tray is created just for you. What are the perks of at-home cosmetic whitening?
- Whitening takes 15 minutes: You wear your whitening trays for 15 minutes twice a day, as compared to other whitening systems, which can require you to wear trays overnight.
- Quick Results: Whitening is usually achieved after 1-2 weeks of daily wear.
- Reusable Trays: Reusable trays can be used for as long as the tooth structure in the mouth does not change significantly.
- Travel proof: At-home whitening trays are compact and easy to travel with.
How It Works
Hydrogen Peroxide is the active component in tooth whitening products, which converts into an oxidizing agent. The oxidizing agent enters your enamel and breaks up internal staining, causing your enamel to appear whiter. Whitening product only works on natural tooth structures, So it cannot change the color of dental restorations like existing crowns, bridges, fillings, or implant crowns.
Are There Any Risks To Your Health?
Studies show that tooth whitening is a safe procedure to alter the color of your enamel. Hydrogen peroxide is a normal intermediate metabolite in the human body that eventually breaks down into water and oxygen. As with any procedure, it is necessary for you to follow instructions. It is essential to store the product safely and kept out of the reach of children. Ignoring them is likely to cause painful side effects.
Common side effects include:
- Increased Cold Sensitivity: The sensitivity of your teeth can last 24-48 hours after your last application of whitening gel. The degree of sensitivity varies because every patient is different.
- Gum Recession: Leaves roots of your teeth exposed, which can result in sensitivity if the gel is applied to the area.
- Tender Gums: Your gum tissue can become tender while bleaching at-home. Sensitivity is usually avoidable by ensuring the gel does not come into contact with your gums and by not overfilling your tray. As a result of over bleaching sensitivity will more than likely be present in your mouth.