Oral Health News - Good News Predominates
We finally have some good news to report about oral health in the US!
There is a lot of good news and some not-so-good news about the oral health of the nation, according to a report released last month by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
According to a report from the CDC, there have been significant improvements in oral health for Americans of all ages since they began tracking it in 1988.
- More seniors are keeping their natural teeth
- Moderate to severe periodontitis among adults has decreased significantly
- Use of dental sealants in youths ages 6-19 years has increased
- Tooth decay in school-age children has declined
- Children from low-income families appear to be getting more dental treatment
These are all high points and cause for celebration for those of us in the dental industry.
Yet the report from the CDC reconfirms economic and racial/ethnic disparities in oral health persist.
- 31% of Mexican American children aged 6-11 years have experienced decay in their permanent teeth. 19% of non-Hispanic white children.
- 12% of children aged 6-11 from families that live below the poverty line had untreated decay, compared to 4% in families with income above the poverty line.
Dr. Dhawan and staff at The Colorado Center for Implant and Prosthetic Dentistry are available to help you determine effective solutions to all your dental problems. If you would like more information from your Littleton area Prosthodontist, please call to make an appointment today.
Patient referrals are always welcome and appreciated. If you would like to refer a patient to Dr. Dhawan, click the blue referral form link below.
You may send the referral form with the patient. Suppose you prefer to call us directly to refer a patient. In that case, our office staff can help set up an initial consultation over the phone and answer any questions you may have about our office or practice philosophy. We look forward to meeting your patients and working together to provide the best care possible.